Discover it® Student Cash Back
Cash Rewards for College and Beyond
Use left and right arrow keys to change presentational art and page theme colors.
Free Social Security number alerts
We'll monitor thousands of Dark Web sites when you sign up.1
Good Grade Reward
Get $20 statement credit each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to next five years.7
5% Cash Back Rewards
Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com 8 and more, up to the quarterly maximum, each time you activate. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases – automatically.5% Cashback Calendar. Opens in a new dialog window
We'll automatically match all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year. There's no signing up. And no limit to how much we'll match.2
Compare Student Cash Back Cards
|Discover it® Student Cash Back||
|No Annual Fee|
|Get $20 statement credit each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to next five years.7|
|Get an unlimited dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically 2
See issuers' websites for their new cardmember bonuses.
|Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com 8 and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate.
Plus earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
See rewards for compared cards
|Redeem your rewards for cash in any amount|
|Redeem your rewards for cash at anytime 3|
|Your cash back never expires|
|Use your rewards instantly at Amazon.com checkout 8|
|Activate FREE alerts that notify you if your Social Security number is found on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.1|
|Activate FREE alerts to know when any new credit card, mortgage, car loan or other account shows up on your credit report 1 +|
|Freeze your account in seconds to prevent new purchases with an on/off switch available on both the mobile app & website 4|
|$0 Fraud Liability – You're never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your credit card|
|Free overnight shipping for card replacement to any U.S. street address at your request 6|
|Paying late won't raise your APR What is APR?
An annual percentage rate (APR) is an interest rate that determines the finance charges you pay on your account if you carry a balance or take a balance transfer or cash advance. (Even if a customer pays the balance every month, we will charge interest on balance transfers and cash advances the day they post, so you cannot avoid interest charges for these types of transactions.).
|No late fee on your first late payment|
|No overlimit fee|
|No foreign transaction fee|
|Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more † 5|
|100% U.S.-based customer service available any time|
|Pay your bill up to midnight (ET) the day it's due by phone or online|
Chart comparisons conducted by an independent research firm and based on competitor info compiled in April 2019.
†Compared card issuers may provide a FICO® Credit Score or other credit score and other credit information. See issuers' website for further details.
&;Discover's free alerts are based on information from your Experian® credit report.
Benefits that students can appreciate
Switch your account on/off in seconds.
You made it home, but your card didn't. No problem, just Freeze it® to prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers on your account if you misplace your card.4
Do you know your credit score?
Lenders do and now you can, too. Get your FICO® Credit Score for free on monthly statements, online and mobile.5
Because we monitor every purchase, every day for suspicious activity. And, you're never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card account.
At your service.
Our U.S.-based customer service is here to help when you call—not to waste your time selling you other products.
Discover it® Student Cash Back credit card
Intro purchase APR is
for 6 months from date of account opening
then the standard purchase APR applies. Intro Balance Transfer APR is
for 6 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by 9 10, 2 019 then the standard purchase APR applies. Standard purchase APR:
15,24% variable to 24,24% variable, based on your creditworthiness.
Cash APR: 27,24% variable. Variable APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Minimum interest charge:
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than
Cash advance fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance transfer fee:
3% Intro fee on balances transferred by 9 10, 2 019 and up to 5% fee for future balance transfers will apply.
Rates as of Month Date, YYYY. We will apply payments at our discretion, including in a manner most favorable or convenient for us. Each billing period, we will generally apply amounts you pay that exceed the Minimum Payment Due to balances with higher APRs before balances with lower APRs as of the date we credit your payment.
- Discover® Identity Alerts are offered by Discover Bank at no cost, only available online, and currently include the following services: (a) daily monitoring of your Experian® credit report and an alert when a new account is listed on your report; (b) daily monitoring of thousands of Dark Web sites known for revealing personal information and an alert if your Social Security number is found on such a website. This information is intended for, and only provided to, Primary credit cardmembers whose accounts are open, in good standing and have an email address on file. The Primary cardmember must agree online to receive identity alerts. Identity alert services are based on Experian information and data which may differ from information and data at other credit bureaus. Monitoring your credit report does not impact your credit score. This benefit may change or end in the future. Discover Bank is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. To see a list of Frequently Asked Questions, visit .
- Cashback Match: No purchase minimums. After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you've earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, your cash back will not be matched. You've earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.
- Redeem Any Amount Any Time: We will credit your account with your cash back bonus balance if your account is closed or has not been used in 18 months
- Freeze it: When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.
- FICO® Credit Score Terms: Your FICO® Credit Score, key factors and other credit information are based on data from TransUnion® and may be different from other credit scores and other credit information provided by different bureaus. This information is intended for and only provided to Primary account holders who have an available score. See about the availability of your score. Your score, key factors and other credit information are available on Discover.com and cardmembers are also provided a score on statements. Customers will see up to a year of recent scores online. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as FICO® Credit Scores, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This benefit may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
If you prefer not to receive your FICO® Credit Score just call us at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683). Please give us two billing cycles to process your request. To learn more, visit .
- Free Overnight Card Replacement: Overnight shipping is not available to P.O boxes or addresses outside the U.S Carrier overnight shipping limitations apply that may impact the exact delivery date.
- Good Grade Rewards: *Good Grade Reward only available to new cardmembers on or after 7/23/2015 who indicate on their application that they are currently enrolled in college, and whose accounts are current and remain open when the Good Grade Reward is requested. Students with a Discover it® or Discover it® Chrome card who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent) during a School Year (September - August) may apply at Discover.com for a $20 statement credit ("Good Grade Reward"). This will be applied to your account within seven (7) business days. One Good Grade Reward per School Year, per account, up to a maximum of five (5) consecutive years from the date your account is opened. Terms of Good Grade Reward Offer are subject to change.
- Use Rewards at Amazon.com: Amazon is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon, Amazon.com, the Amazon.com logo and the smile logo are registered trademarks of the Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. For complete details on how to Pay with Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com see .
- Reviews: Discover it card's average "Overall Rating" based on reviews by cardmembers as seen at