Discover it® Chrome Card for College Students
Cash Rewards for College and for Life
Use left and right arrow keys to change presentational art and page theme colors.
Free Social Security number alerts
We'll monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.6
Good Grade Reward
Get $20 statement credit each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to next five years.2
Earn 2% Cash Back
At gas stations and restaurants on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter.†† Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases – automatically
We'll match all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically.3
Compare Student Cash Back Cards
|Discover it® Student Credit Card||
|No Annual Fee|
|Get $20 statement credit each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to next five years2|
|Get an unlimited dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically 3
See issuers' websites for their new cardmember bonuses.
|Earn 2% cash back in popular categories.††
Plus, earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
See rewards for compared cards
|Redeem your rewards for cash in any amount|
|Redeem your rewards for cash at any time4|
|Your cash back never expires|
|Use your rewards instantly at Amazon.com checkout 9|
|Activate FREE alerts that notify you if your Social Security number is found on any of thousands of risky websites.5|
|Activate FREE alerts to know when any new credit card, mortgage, car loan or other account shows up on your credit report5 +|
|Freeze your account in seconds to prevent new purchases with an on/off switch available on both the mobile app and website6|
|$0 Fraud Liability - you're never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your credit card|
|Free overnight shipping for card replacement to any U.S. street address at your request8|
|Paying late won't raise your APR
What is APR?
|No late fee on your first late payment|
|No overlimit fee|
|No foreign transaction fee|
|Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more† 7|
|100% U.S.-based customer service available any time|
|Accepted nationwide by at least 97% of the merchants that take credit cards*|
|Pay your bill up to midnight (ET) the day it's due by phone or online|
Chart comparisons conducted by an independent research firm and based on competitor info compiled in November 2018.
†Compared card issuers may provide a FICO® Credit Score or other credit score and other credit information. See issuers' website for further details.
&;Discover's free alerts are based on information from your Experian® credit report.
*According to the Feb 2018 issue of the Nilson Report.
Benefits that students can appreciate
Your account has an on/off switch.
If you misplace your card, you can freeze your account in seconds on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.6
FICO® Credit Score for free.
Easily view your FICO® Credit Score on monthly statements, mobile and online for free.7
We've got your back.
That's why you're never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card. Plus, we monitor every purchase, every day for suspicious activity.
Talk to a real person.
Our U.S.-based customer service is available anytime, day or night. Or try out our powerful tools on our app and online.
Student Credit Card Footnotes
Intro purchase APR is
for 6 months from date of account opening
; then the standard purchase APR applies. Intro Balance Transfer APR is
for 6 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by 4 10, 2 019
; then the standard purchase APR applies. Standard purchase APR:
15,24% variable to 24,24% variable, based on your creditworthiness.
Cash APR: 27,24% variable. Variable APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Minimum interest charge:
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than
Cash advance fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance transfer fee:
3% of the amount of each transfer
Rates as of Month Date, YYYY. We will apply payments at our discretion, including in a manner most favorable or convenient for us. Each billing period, we will generally apply amounts you pay that exceed the Minimum Payment Due to balances with higher APRs before balances with lower APRs as of the date we credit your payment.
††You earn a full 2% Cashback Bonus on your first $1000 in combined gas and restaurant purchases each calendar quarter. Calendar quarters are defined as the three-month periods beginning January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1. Gas and restaurant category purchases over the quarterly cap, and all other purchases, earn 1% cash back. Gas and restaurant purchases are those made at merchants classified as gas stations and full service restaurants, cafes, cafeterias and fast-food locations. Purchases coded in categories other than these, including purchases made at warehouse clubs, wholesale distributors, and discount stores, will not qualify. Purchases made using third-party payment accounts, tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible. Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within 2 billing periods. See for further detail.
- Reviews: Discover it card's average "Overall Rating" based on reviews by cardmembers as seen at
- Good Grade Rewards: *Good Grade Reward only available to new cardmembers on or after 7/23/2015 who indicate on their application that they are currently enrolled in college, and whose accounts are current and remain open when the Good Grade Reward is requested. Students with a Discover it® or Discover it® Chrome card who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent) during a School Year (September - August) may apply at Discover.com for a $20 statement credit ("Good Grade Reward"). This will be applied to your account within seven (7) business days. One Good Grade Reward per School Year, per account, up to a maximum of five (5) consecutive years from the date your account is opened. Terms of Good Grade Reward Offer are subject to change.
- Cashback MatchTM : No purchase minimums. After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you've earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, your cash back will not be matched. You've earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.
- Redeem Any Amount Any Time: We will credit your account with your cash back bonus balance if your account is closed or has not been used in 18 months.
- Discover® Identity Alerts are offered by Discover Bank at no cost, only available online, and currently include the following services: (a) daily monitoring of your Experian® credit report and an alert when a new account is listed on your report; (b) daily monitoring of thousands of risky websites known for revealing personal information and an alert if your Social Security number is found on such a website. This information is intended for, and only provided to, Primary credit cardmembers whose accounts are open, in good standing and have an email address on file. The Primary cardmember must agree online to receive identity alerts. Identity alert services are based on Experian information and data which may differ from information and data at other credit bureaus. Monitoring your credit report does not impact your credit score. This benefit may change or end in the future. Discover Bank is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. To see a list of Frequently Asked Questions, visit .
- Freeze it: When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.
- FICO® Credit Score Terms: Your FICO® Credit Score, key factors and other credit information are based on data from TransUnion® and may be different from other credit scores and other credit information provided by different bureaus. This information is intended for and only provided to Primary account holders who have an available score. See about the availability of your score. Your score, key factors and other credit information are available on Discover.com and cardmembers are also provided a score on statements. Customers will see up to a year of recent scores online. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as FICO® Credit Scores, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This benefit may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
If you prefer not to receive your FICO® Credit Score just call us at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683). Please give us two billing cycles to process your request. To learn more, visit .
- Free Overnight Card Replacement: Overnight shipping is not available to P.O boxes or addresses outside the U.S Carrier overnight shipping limitations apply that may impact the exact delivery date.
- Use Rewards at Amazon.com: Amazon is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon, Amazon.com, the Amazon.com logo and the smile logo are registered trademarks of the Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. For complete details on how to Pay with Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com see .