We understand that frugality, battling debt, or searching for financial independence is hard; it takes consistency and determination. We mentioned it last week: the path to financial independence doesn’t have to be a solo journey, there’s a strong community of supporters who all have something great to share.
We want to take that idea a step further and feature community member’s tips to common and uncommon financial questions. We’re kicking off our first “Reader Tip Tuesday” post with responses to the : “What tips do you have on planning a frugal vacation?”
Here are some of our favorite responses:
- Bring your crockpot! – Jane W.
- When staying in hotels with children, sometimes you have more room and pay less if you get a king and bring an air mattress or a pallet for the kids. – Gina O.
- Tent camping! – Erica H, Lori B., Jeni P.
- Research, research, research! – Teresa S.
- As soon as you plan your trip destination, start watching Groupon, Living Social and Resaurant.com for deals on things to do and restaurants. – Erika C.
- Visit people you know. But make sure it’s short trips so you don’t wear out your welcome, be gracious, and be sure to return the favor to others. – Amy V.
Every Tuesday we’ll post a new question on our page. We look forward to hearing and sharing your tips!